This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the largest supermarket chain stores in South Africa. Pick n Pay is looking for a dynamic individual to join their Clothing team in the Commercial Clothing Division.
This position will be responsible for supporting the department by managing the critical paths, updating forecasts and ensuring any risk is highlighted, monitoring intake and control deliveries. As a result, the incumbent needs to know the customer and the market that Pick n Pay is serving and have an interest and passion for clothing and always be abreast of the market and the customer.
- BA or B-Com Degree
- Have computer skills (Windows – Word, Excel, Outlook,)
- Experience in a clothing environment (advantageous)
- SAP knowledge is advantageous
Assist planner with:
- Planning seasonal sales budgets by category
- Planning sales / stock/ intake by week by category
- Producing an assortment plan from
- Controlling overall department margin
- Planning promotions & markdowns
- Generating & analysing weekly stand still
- Managing store stock & allocations to stores
- Determining store stock requirements & control stock levels to achieve sales targets
- Monitoring intake & control deliveries
- Developing knowledge of & react to slow / fast sellers
- Ability to analyse information
- Good negotiation skills
- Sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong numerical ability
- A flair for fashion
- Attention to detail with a sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and administrative skills
- Assertive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Opportunity minded and able to develop self
The successful incumbent must be willing to work long hours as required and do store visits
Click below to view how to apply.
How to Apply
Pick n Pay is committed to fair and non-discriminatory employment policies and is committed to identifying and eliminating any unfair discrimination that may exist in its employment policies and practices.
Job Title: Trainee Planner Clothing
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Division / Region: Clothing
Location – Town / City: Kenilworth Cape Town
Location – Province: Western Cape
Location – Country: South Africa