Closing Date: 19 October 2018
In the year 2014, KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission introduced a bursary programme which was aimed at addressing skills shortage in film in the province. The programme is aimed at encouraging new entrants, creating an enabling environment in order to increase industry experts especially amongst previously disadvantaged communities. The programme also seeks to redress the government transformation processes and skewed participation in the film industry.
Who Should Apply
- Students who have applied at KwaZulu Natal based tertiary institutions and have received a letter of confirmation of acceptance.
- Applicants can either apply for 1st year up until the final year of their tertiary qualification.
- Applicants must be residents of the KwaZulu-Natal province and be South African citizens.
- Applicants are required to submit a new application for every year of study.
The Selection Process
The selection criteria is based on the following:
- Academic performance as proven by the latest academic report
- Field of study and demand for a particular discipline
- Financial circumstances
- Representation(Gender, Disability and Race)
- Demonstrated ability, potential and or commitments.
- South African and be residing in KwaZulu-Natal
- Less than 25 years (exceptional cases over 25 years will be considered)
Final selection will be made by the Bursary Committee based on the above criteria.
Award letter shall be forwarded to successful candidates.
What does the Bursary fund cover.
- Registration fees
- Prescribed textbooks
- Accommodation: cost of this will be provided on a case by case basis.
How To Apply
2018 Bursary Application form will also be available on the KZN film Commission website, via email Bursary@kwazulunatalfilm.co.za and hard copies at the KZN Film Commission offices