Closing Date: 30 November 2018
Take note of all the supporting documents you will need, read the terms and conditions, and download the parent consent form.
- Register yourself as a user on myNSFAS.
- You will need to create a username and password, which you will use to log in to your myNSFAS account to update your details.
- To complete the register process you will need a cellphone number and email address.
- If you do not have an email address, you can easily create a gmail address, by clicking here.
Please note that registering on myNSFAS is not the applying process yet. You must proceed to the APPLY tab to access the application form and apply.
Once you have registered, click the APPLY tab and you will be taken to the online 2018 application form. Read the form carefully, and start to fill in your particulars.
IMPORTANT! Before filling in the application form, you will need to have scanned copies of all the supporting documents. These supporting documents must be uploaded. Don’t start the application until you have all the supporting documents, as you will not be able to save the form and come back to it later.
When you have completely filled in the application form and attached all the supporting documents, click the Submit button to submit the application, and wait to receive a reference number.
How To Apply
Make sure you submit your application on or before the closing date of 30 November 2017. Applications that arrive after this date will not be considered.
Before you start!
Make sure that you have certified and valid copies of the following documents:
- Your South African identity document/card (or an unabridged birth certificate (if you are younger than 16 years old)
- ID of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice stating income (not older than 3 months) (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income)
- Please download the consent form and fill it in with your parent/gaurdian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form that is signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted, and will be considered as incomplete.
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A and fill it in
Please note your application will not be considered if:
- You have already applied on www.nsfas.org.za and have an application reference number
- You already have NSFAS funding for 2018
- You already have an undergraduate degree/diploma or postgraduate degree
- You are undertaking any postgraduate studies, other than those listed on the website,please see postgraduate
- You are not intending to apply for admission to a public university or TVET college