- 1 to 3 yrs. previous Housekeeping experience
- Previous staff management (skilled and unskilled level)
- Proficient on MS Word and Excel
- Valid SA Driver’s License & ID
- Good numeric and administrative skills
- Ability to lead, plan, organise and delegate
- Ability to liaise at all levels
- Self-starter, go getter and suitable initiative
- Good people management skills
- Able to manage a pool of staff working shifts.
- Knowledge of full range of chemicals and various cleaning equipment
- Administer all housekeeping and all laundry facilities and ensure secure environment for all staff.
- Schedule all work for weekends and evening hours and assist Manager on Duty to prepare schedule for staff and organize an efficient everyday care of all buildings and public areas.
- Ensure cleanliness of all office areas.
- Administer efficient working of the housekeeping department at all times and supervise all work and ensure compliance to all operational standards and organization regulations.
- Monitor all sub-activities for departments and maintain records of all expenses and control all costs for the department and recommend ways to increase efficiency.
- Monthly stock count of all amenities to be done and ordering to be coordinated with Resident/FO Manager.
- Design all housekeeping policies and procedures according to the required standards and schedule all rotational duties for staff.
- Maintain safety and hygiene and perform all appraisals for staff regularly and coordinate with the front office staff.
- Manage and analyse all incoming supplies and ensure compliance to all specifications and prepare all reports to be presented to management.
- Day to day operational management of the lodge (Rooms and Public Areas)
- Staff management including IR, manpower development and training
- Maintain discipline by using the Company’s disciplinary code and procedures, as well as attending to grievances
- Manage the assignment of work schedules and drawing up rosters
- Responsible for the on-going training and development of all staff
- Managing and review performance of staff
- Build and maintain professional client partnerships
- Regular meetings with on-site management team
- Conduct weekly meetings with the heads of department
- Liaise and negotiate at all levels
- Control of direct expenses and budget management
- Oversee the upkeep of equipment on site and stock management
- Maintain a high standard of performance and image of the Company
Skills and Requirements
SALARY – Salary negotiable within reason & dependent on experience and qualifications:
– 13% Provident – forms part of CTC package (compulsory membership).
– Medical aid for individual only, restricted to Classic Saver or below option on Discovery – forms part of CTC package (voluntary membership)
- The remuneration will be discussed at the interviews or upon individual requests.
– Live-in Position & Meals provided on duty – single accommodation only.